Tuesday, November 22, 2011

If my name is Gao in Mandarin (my dad), what would be my Cantonese last name? (mom)?

Assuming that the character is 楂?(meaning high) the Mandarin is Gao, the Cantonese is Gou. High level tone (first tone) in both cases. If you mean a different character, let me know but it's likely that it will still be gou in Cantonese.|||chinese women don't change their surnames in the marriage while children take father's surname...


as far as you didn't tell what your mothers surname -- it's impossible toi guess it...


but your surname will be Gao...


which is pronounced as _gou_in Cantonese|||Johnson...but I don't know how that would translate into Mandarin.|||Kou.





Not really know what you are saying. YOu mean you mama's last name? I don't know.|||Why not ask your mom???

No comments:

Post a Comment