Friday, November 18, 2011

WHo do I contact and where do I go to find out about an international driving permit?

I live in South Africa and want to move to the US. I have my drivers license here, but what is going to happen when I move? Obviously I need to get some permit of sorts that will allow me to drive in America, bit I do not know how to gao about that. Can anybody give me advice?|||http://www.usa.gov/Topics/Foreign_Visito鈥?/a>





Your SA license will be good temporarily in the US, but you'll have to get a license in the state you'll live in once you're here. The web site for that state's Bureau of Motor Vehicles will have the info you need.|||International Driving Permits are issued by the automobile association and maybe travel agents. They are actually just an "official" translation of your national driving license and are mainly important if your license isn't in English.

No comments:

Post a Comment